Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lucky weather

It was supposed to rain today and last night but hasn't yet. I took advantage of the weather and rode Pete and changed Boomer's bandage. Boomer's leg is still looking really good. The granulation tissue is smooth and even over the whole wound. I am a little wary about his bandage getting wet tomorrow, especially since John and I will be going to Norman for the whole day for his work. Pete was good today. I cantered him a little while we were riding out in the big pasture. He is very dominant on the left lead and we had a bit of a time getting the right lead. He is a bit speedy and unbalanced, but that will work its self out with time. He is also still having trouble with the woah-walk transition. He throws his head up and starts to back up, but will move forward readily when I squeeze. I haven't figured that one out yet. Here is his log for today:

2/8/09 1 hour
I rode Pete out in the pasture again. We worked on cantering and he did really well. He prefers the left lead but did pick up the right lead on a small circle to the right.
We are still working on the woah/walk transition. He tends to think 'back' when I say walk.
His turns and steering are coming along very well.

Get ready for some aweome video of Charley and his cousin Brutus from our dogsitting adventure this weekend!!!

No comments: