Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crazy weather!!!

I haven't been riding much lately due to the snow and freezing weather but I will be back in the saddle this week since the forecast is predicting highs this week of 83*. Yup, 74* last Thursday, snowing Saturday, and 83* next Thursday. Boomer started shedding a little today and I am not sure if it is a good time for it or not!!! I think I'll give him a few good days of currying him this week and see if I can encourage the process to start. I hate spring shedding. I've been prepping John so that he knows what to expect. It is a bit like having a horse sized cat hiding in your car for a month!

We went out this morning to unblanket the horse and give him a horsey milkshake (5 gallons of hot water and a cup of Ultium). It was too cold to hang around so we left and I came back a few hours later when John was on his long run. When I came back I played with Charley with the Jolly Ball for a while and Boomer got jealous or curious and come to stand behind me. I scratched him and petted him for a while and he was sticking his lip out and hugging me with his neck and all sorts of cutsey, lovey things! I played with both Charley and Boomer for about 30 minutes and then left. I think Boomer really enjoyed the time. He was curious about Charley and pretty intent of getting my attention. I was so happy to see that he wants my attention badly enough to walk over to me or follow me around the paddock! What a huge change from 6 months ago!

Before I went to play with the animals, Charley and I met John about 10 miles south of our house on a back road of Bartlesville with a bottle of water and some Gu. I thought it was fun to meet him walfway with some sustenance for the long run! Other than running and horsing, John and I have been watching Westerns. I love westerns for the horses, but I am really starting to appreciate the movies too! We are 2/3 done with the Dollars Trilogy. Thanks to Netflix, 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' is on its way! If you are at all in to westerns, I recommend 'South of Heaven, West of Hell' directed by Dwight Yoakum. Very weird, but one of the best I have seen. '3:10 to Yuma' is also a made classic, as far as I am concerned!

In other news, I have finished the Intro to Vet Tech class and I had the highest grade on every test. That being said, I am not going to apply for the program. I am going to continue on and take my pre-requisite courses for Vet School. Should take me about 4 semesters.

Thats all I have for now, I'll post more this week when the weather is nice enough to ride!

No comments: