Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rain, snow, rain, flooding, rain...

Our weather has been crazy so far this week. We had a show day this weekend like I have never seen before. We got about 4-6 inches on snow in one afternoon. It was raining for about 24 hours straight, then all of a sudden I looked out the window and there was snow on the ground covering the puddles and standing water. It just kept coming. The next day was spent melting, and yesterday we had a 70 degree day with huge puddles and soggy ground. Last night, more rain.

I put Boomer out into the big 17 acre pasture so that he wouldn't completely destroy the new grass. I intend on leaving him until his pasture dries up. Though, rain is in the forecast for Thursday and Sunday. I don't mind rain. I quite like it. But, I would like it more if I had an indoor arena to ride in! I am kind of bummed because I go to get the trailer on Friday and I was hoping to park it in the paddock for a while. I don't want to drive it in mud and make big ruts. I also don't want it to sink and get stuck. So, my hope is that it either dries up quickly and the Thursday rain is no big deal, or that it just won't rain on Thursday! I'm not really sure where I would park it otherwise, because the whole property is flooded.

Have I mentioned how excited I am about the trailer? Very, very excited! I know the process will be slow, but I can not wait to load up and go for a trail ride!

No comments: